Winter is a stressful season for livestock. Goats can get
stress very easily, we need to reduce stress by providing
warm housing, caring, and feeding to them in the cold
season. We need extra care and management practices in
winter to save goats and their kid's lives. Goats afraid of
cold: and they want to dry and clean. Goats are very
patient animals by nature and gifted to tolerate different
weathers according to the climate. We should provide
comfortable beds to goats: for sleeping, and resting on the
farms in the winter.
Here is the guide for caring in winter:
- We should cover the farm to save the cold breeze.
- We must open windows for ventilation and sunlight on
- We must keep some arrangements for fire inside the
- Keep cover the goats with coats: especially pregnant
goats in cold breeze.
- We should clean the floor two times in a week.
- We must observe their behaviors and physical
conditions every morning or evening: and if we notice any
change then consult with a vet on an immediate basis.
- Goats need proper food with nutrients in the winter: and
hay is the best food for goats for winter.
- We can't give green fodders to goats in winter because
it is the cause of bloating.
- Grain food is a primary food for adults, matured, and
- We must provide lukewarm water to goats in the winter.
- We must not give grain food to kids because it is hard
- We can provide; a straw bed, hay bed, and cloth bed to
goats in winter.
- Goats couldn't tolerate cold breeze and moist weather
because it is harmful to goats and kid's lives. Some goats
become fat in winter cause of laziness and take low
bathing: which is caused by parasites problems in goats
that are infectious and harmful to goats. We can help our
animals life to survive in winter.